The Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, has dismissed the inauguration of a new committee to solve the face-off between the federal government and the university-based staff unions, saying it was an unofficial meeting to review what happened on Tuesday.
The media had been awash with the report of a new committee inaugurated Tuesday after a meeting with the minister.
The members of the committee were said to include Prof. Olu Obafemi,Prof. Nimi Briggs, Udo Udoma, Bashir Dalhatu, Prof. Kayode Adebowale, (University of Ibadan) Prof. Kabir Bala (Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria), Prof. Lilian Salami (University of Benin), Prof. Charles Igwe (University of Nigeria Nsukka), Registrar of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, Prof. Ishaq Oloyede; and representatives of the Academy of Letters, Science, Medicine and Social Sciences.
However, the minister speaking on Channels TV Politics Today said that it was just an unofficial meeting to discuss and review what had happened in an earlier meeting.
He said, “First of all, I didn’t set up any committee. Of course, there were 14 people who met immediately after my meeting with the pro chancellors and vice-chancellors, but we just sat down to review what happened in the meeting.
“Some people only came down to review what happened. It was an unofficial meeting as it was not a committee.
“If you look at the list, you will see that it had representatives from every section of the country.”
- 2023 election: ‘I’m not dead’, Tinubu tweets from LondonPresidential Candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress APC, Asiwaju […]
- National Industrial Court order, FG cautions ASUUThe Federal Government has cautioned the Academic Staff Union of […]
- UPDATE: Real Madrid drop points at home to Osasuna, surrender top spot to BarcelonaReal Madrid have dropped their first points of the season […]
- #BBNaija S7: Fans jubilate as Phyna wins N100mFans, on Sunday, jubilated and congratulated Ijeoma Otabor, popularly known […]
- Nigeria @ 62; Hon Frank Ovat writes constituents1st October is a spectacular day for every citizen of […]