Two Nigerians have been arrested on suspicion of plotting to harvest the organs of a child in the UK.
Beatrice Nwanneka Ekweremadu, 55, and Ike Ekweremadu, 60, both from Nigeria, have been remanded in custody and will appear at Uxbridge Magistrates’ Court later today.
They are both charged with conspiracy to arrange or facilitate travel of another person with a view to exploitation, namely organ harvesting.
The Met said a child has been safeguarded. Scotland Yard has not given the gender or the age of the child – or the location of the arrests.
But given the suspects are appearing in court in Uxbridge, it is likely they were held at the nearby Heathrow Airport.
Organ harvesting involves removing parts of the body, often for cash and against the victim’s will.
- 2023; Barr Ekpo Ada meets with Hon Austine Aidam JPThe DG of Gershom Bassey campaign organization, Barr Ekpo Ada and […]
- 2023; Comrade Dan Obo Jnr visits the commandant of Peace CorpsThe state chairman of NYCN-CRS Comrade Dan Obo Jnr paid a […]
- HOR 2023; Leadership is beyond politics but service- Hon Austine Aidam JPThe PDP flag bearer for House of representatives to represent AKAMKPA/BIASE […]
- Mrs Mercy Austine appreciates the Good women of Akamkpa and BiaseMrs Austine Aidam hosted and thanked the good women of Akamkpa […]
- Dan Obo Emerges Winner of BLU EEAGLE Personality Of The weekAward winning Cross river state NYCN Chairman emerges winner of BLU […]