In furtherance of the Agro- industrialisation drive of Governor Ben Ayade, the Cross River State Government is partnering the United Arab Emirate (UAE), for the cultivation, on commercial scale, of cash crops in the state.
At the ongoing Annual Investment Expo in Dubai, Governor Ayade was represented by the Commissioner for International Development Cooperation (MIDC), Dr. Inyang Asibong, the State Chief Economic Advisor Dr Francis Ntamu and the Special Adviser to the Governor of Cross River State on International Development Cooperation and Investment, Mr Victor Edet.
Delivering the keynote address on behalf of the state delegation, Dr Ntamu brought to the fore, the investment opportunities in Cross River of which UAE’s largest Agro investors, Dubai Elite-Agro were interested in partnering with the state to deepen the cultivation of cocoa, oil palm, rice, maize, potatoes, vegetables and horticultural plants.
The 3-Day Investment Expo holding at Dubai’s Exhibition Centre, is one of the world’s leading investment platforms for captains of industries across the world.
Experts and delegates to the exhibition compare notes on the techniques of growing, sourcing, exporting and marketing of agricultural products to other nations.
According to the SA on Int’l Devt. and Investment, UAE technical experts in arid land cultivation and horticulture will co-invest with the State to boost flower production in Obudu, Northern Cross River due to its temperate climate and other seasonal factors.
The Commissioner for MIDC disclosed that the synergy with Elite-Agro in terms of technical support is needed to boost the cultivation of the crops, including flowers grown in the hinterlands of Obudu for export purposes, particularly with the ongoing construction of the Obudu International Cargo and Passenger Airport by the Governor Ayade led Administration.
Also attending the exhibition are the Governor of Niger State H.E Sani Bello,
Governor of Ekiti State H.E Kayode Fayemi, Governor of Kwara State H.E Abdulraman Abdulrazaq, Governor of Plateau State H.E Simon Lalong, Governor of Bayelsa State H.E Douye Diri and other top Government functionaries.
- How Ngige storms out of Speaker-led ASUU/FG truce meetingThe Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr Chris Ngige angrily left the meeting spearheaded […]
- 2023 election: ‘I’m not dead’, Tinubu tweets from LondonPresidential Candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress APC, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu has […]
- National Industrial Court order, FG cautions ASUUThe Federal Government has cautioned the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) over disobeying […]
- UPDATE: Real Madrid drop points at home to Osasuna, surrender top spot to BarcelonaReal Madrid have dropped their first points of the season after a 1-1 draw […]
- #BBNaija S7: Fans jubilate as Phyna wins N100mFans, on Sunday, jubilated and congratulated Ijeoma Otabor, popularly known as Phyna, on emerging […]